Rear Diff Seal ?

I have a leek fffrom the front of the rear diff on my Srs1, I have the workshop manual in front of me so I can see what bits need changing. Asuming that I replace all the seals that I disturbe how difficult a job is it to do and do I need anything odd to do it?

Thanks y'all.

Reply to
Rory Manton

Is this the seal where the propshaft enters the diff? If so, its an easy job, so long as the prop bolts come off without too much trouble,probably 1 hour if you havent done it before. But, the casting that the seal runs on (the one that bolts onto the propshaft) may well be worn out as well,these are about 25-30UKP.If there is any ridge or roughness on it, change that as well, as within a few weeks/days, the new seal will be leaking again if it is worn. Alan.

Reply to
A Lee