Trentham

Anyone been and wished they'd waited and saved a few more quid for peterborough? I know I do...it was pretty dire, empty exhibition hall - 3 stands and a chippy (great scalextric track for all to play on!), 1 mile walk through so-called 'gardens' to the exhibitors stands and the main office, and empty spaces for trade stands, some traders planning on leaving early. General opinion was not as good as last year. Personally I think its in the middle of better known shows, you had Billing, then Jeepfest then this National 4X4 and peteborough around the corner! Off road course was fair to middling, I had a video camera strapped to a beam inside my Landy, looks pretty good, captures a lot of the Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero/GyppoWagon infront of me, which coped surprisingly well. Kids enjoyed themselves loads, thats the main thing...isn't it?

Reply to
Ian Symonds

Anyone been and wished they'd waited and saved a few more quid for peterborough? I know I do...it was pretty dire, empty exhibition hall - 3 stands and a chippy (great scalextric track for all to play on!), 1 mile walk through so-called 'gardens' to the exhibitors stands and the main office, and empty spaces for trade stands, some traders planning on leaving early. General opinion was not as good as last year. Personally I think its in the middle of better known shows, you had Billing, then Jeepfest then this National 4X4 and peteborough around the corner! Off road course was fair to middling, I had a video camera strapped to a beam inside my Landy, looks pretty good, captures a lot of the Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero/GyppoWagon infront of me, which coped surprisingly well. Kids enjoyed themselves loads, thats the main thing...isn't it? Ian Symonds

93 Defender 110CSW
Reply to
Ian Symonds

I hadn't been to a show before and quite enjoyed myself.

Only disappointment was the lack of 101 for me to dribble over.

The off-road course was better than I had expected, I though it may have been a drive around a field or something.

I haven't been converted and please don't flame me, but some of the Suzuki Rhino's and Jimnys imprested me a lot.

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

This is my local show, and whilst it's never been a Billing or Eastnor Castle type event it does open your eyes to the other brands.

I was disappointed with the layout and the Maze to get to the main area.

The grounds are under developement and not before time. This site was an area to be proud of at one time. Whilst it's a shame to knock down all those buildings on the site they have become an eyesore. The walls around the lake are a mess too and would look very nice if properly fixed instead of having scafolding all over the place.

The show it's self was typical of the last two years I've attended. A little more thought needs giving to directing all the visitors through an empty exhibition hall and then through what appeared to be the local skip park before getting to the stands.

I go cos' it's literally on my door. The off roading site is good which is one plus point I suppose.

The lack of 101's (I saw 1 ambi disappearing off site) was a disappointment but as My 101 remained on the drive at home in bits then I can hardly moan about that.

Still - lasting memories of this Show will be Our lad (4) interofgating Rich Claftton as to the whereabouts of "Tigger" and David Bower giving little'un a sticky chewy that kept him shtum for a good 20 minutes.(Our lad not Rich!)

So while the setting and planning ain't brill - the characters are there and thats really what counts. Martin if you enjoyed this one then brace yourself for the big ones!!! :-)

Fingers Crossed Morph will be making some form of appearance at next years show....Percy turned up as did our Rangie (went twice having dropped Mrs D off at home)

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

hi all, rename trenthan car boot,what a laugh,offroad motor sport. paul.. "Lee_D"

disappointment

Reply to
paulshore