Rear diff sounds funny on Freelander

Hello,

The rear differential on my Freelander I (1999) makes some funny noice (like cogs skipping eachother) as:

- the car makes a sharp right turn AND

- the inner side of the road is lower than the middle of the road Like, say, the mountain roads in Switserland where I discovered this issue.

Has anybody witnessed this also? Do I need to worry or have something fixed? Any information is appreciated.

TIA,

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick en Antoinette

Do the tyres have wear "steps" on them (like a tyre fitted to a vehicle with bad tracking)? If so, it could be the IRD unit is introuble.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd