Ping Nikki

Nikki, how did you get on with getting your DII converted to gas? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

in article dfn8ev$271$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Badger at snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote on 7/9/05 6:36 pm:

Not had it done yet. I've made a few enquiries, and am waiting for a couple of them to get back to me, should be tomorrow. Didn't get time before we went away, kids been back at school since 31st, but been more concerned about why we have no brake lights coming on and only one reverse light.

So if anyone has any recommendations for LPG fitters within 30 miles of Leicester we'd appreciate it!

Reply to
Nikki

My colleague's old man does it. He's in Solihull (just a bit further than

30 miles)...

Pacman

"Nikki" wrote in message news:BF4554B7.22BD% snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com...

Dunno 'bout that area, sorry. FWIW, mine is running an OMVL DreamXXIN system, seems to be running fine. Not doing a lot of miles just now, so no idea of mpg figures as yet. Mpg will be difficult to work out properly with this system, as it starts on petrol and waits for 2 conditions to be met before changing to gas; 1.- 30 second timer to allow the lambda probes to reach operating temp and start switching, 2. - waits until engine coolant at minimum of 20 degrees to prevent vapouriser pressure fluctuations. Those times/temps are adjustable but I've got them down as low as poss. Had a major problem with it on initial setup, it appeared to setup ok then after about 10 miles of driving it started running rough for some reason, same on petrol. Diagnostic test said right bank lambda probe had failed, replaced probe, no difference! It was cured by a 20-odd minute session on testbook to reprogramme the engine ecu (£26 at the local main $tealer) and it's been fine since so dunno what caused it, as the gas side has been re-setup again since then and it has run for 4 days now with no probs. The main ecu was seeing both lambda probes but for some reason was only adjusting the fuelling on the left bank, allowing the right bank to run fully lean. It would appear to have been a coincidence, but an annoying one none the less. FWIW also, you can fit a 90ltr (400mm dia.) tank on the left side of the boot, still leaving nearly 2/3 usable and the larger of the split rears to fold. It's tight, with only 3mm clearance at the rear door speaker cover, but it goes in! I cut the side box side trim panel around the multivalve and pipes for a neat finish, still keeping the cubby box lid etc. Let me know how you get on with yours. Have you had it hooked up to testbook to see if the BCU has anything to do with the lighting issues? Unlikely, but might be a last resort. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

in article dforo4$4od$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org, Pacman at p_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 8/9/05 9:11 am:

Thanks, I'll have a look at the website in a bit. He just wants to be near enough that it isn't too much hassle if he needs to go back for any reason.

We want the newest Discovery doing.

Reply to
Nikki

in article dforr3$gjr$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Badger at snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote on 8/9/05 9:13 am:

Thanks for the info. I'll print it out when I've been and fetched some ink for the printer. That is just the sort of information Bruce likes!!!

Reply to
Nikki

in article dforr3$gjr$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com, Badger at snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com wrote on 8/9/05 9:13 am:

I certainly will, and no we've not had it hooked up to testbook yet. It would be the last resort. There's a bloke over the other side of Leicester who trained at the main dealers in Leicester, who we'll take it to if its something that can't be fixed here.

Bruce had a look at the trailer wiring yesterday, but couldnt get the screws out, so has applied some WD40 overnight, and hopes they come out later. I'm going to go out if they don't!

Reply to
Nikki

I just bought a converted jaguar from this guy

's 200 miles from me and well worth the trip.down to earth bloke and he knows his stuff, he's currently runningaround in a range rover he's just converted so he's no stranger to thegreen oval. I very highly recommend him. Names Steve.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

ah .... I see.

Hi Steve,

When can Mark come out?

;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

in article snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Lee_D at snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMlrproject.com wrote on 9/9/05 8:39 am:

Well I'm collecting various numbers to call about the LPG, which I shall settle down to do next week. More concerned about this brake light situation on the Discovery.

Bruce has checked the trailer wiring, re-checked all the bulbs and fuses and had all the lights off and made sure that everything is connected properly, and its still the same. Going to make a phone call to the the bloke who did the engine on the other Discovery.

Reply to
Nikki

Where the hell did my sigline go? bloody computers....

-- Mark, not steve, oh no..