Rebuilding Calipers

Think I have a sticky piston in one of my calipers.

Paddocks do rebuilt calipers for £55, not a disaster, but also sell pistons and seals for approx £12 per caliper.

There can't be very much to a caliper (!?!), how feasible is it to do my own rebuild (assume some mechanical competance)?

Paddocks also list stainless pistons fo an extra £1.60 ish. Sensible investment?

David

Reply to
rads

Thanks for that, Austin.

Just one more question. You mention new seals and dust seals. Are these all contained within the seal kit AEU1547?

David

Reply to
rads

On or around Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:39:30 +0000, rads enlightened us thusly:

dunno. I'd have thought they would be, but yer best off asking the supplier.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My recollection is that AEU1547 has sufficient seals to do four pistons i.e. one front or two rear callipers. But you'd better check.

Reply to
Dougal

Yes!

Richard