Red Ken is gone.

See my back?

You're not calling me...

... fat - are you?

Reply to
.mother

lucky bugger! got in mine today for the first time since around xmas. battery is so flat that nothing does anything, and the minute i opened the back door and climbed in my roof panel gave in to its water damage (its bowed in the middle), and dropped off onto my head covering me in manky fibreglass bits!

grumble bites back?

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Thu, 08 May 2008 20:31:12 +0100, .mother enlightened us thusly:

well... there's always a tendency to think this.

Consider, though, the legacy of things in manchester following the commonwealth games, e.g. the velodrome. Cost a packet to build, but it's been there a while now and lots of use and people go to watch the cycling and so on.

The Olympics will be a fiasco if, for example, things are not built on time. But prior to the event there are always stories about "it's not going to be finished in time" and I think generally it is. So I'll wait and see, meself.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 09 May 2008 00:00:48 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

he did say he'd put a new battery in. I tend to find that makes a difference, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 08 May 2008 20:35:28 +0100, .mother enlightened us thusly:

yer welcome any time from my POV mate.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I don't think picking a fight with a newspaper helped either, it just made sure that a team of people would be out there trying to find out the bits where he was apparently being a naughty man.

I doubt that he'll be heavily involved in managing the olympics, there's a legion of officials doing the donkey work, but he'll surely get the blame for everything that doesn't go perfectly and none of the credit, as would Ken if he'd won. The press isn't prepared to accept anything other than 100% perfection in others while being generally pretty shameful themselves. Still, people do continue to buy the papers so we deserve the resulting mess.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I do keep seeing stories about sporting stadiums and swimming pools being closed *because* of the olympics though, due to councils allocating money to olympic-related activities and being unable to afford maintenance on other sporting facilities as a result. How much of that goes on I don't know, or even how credible the reports are, might just be journos over-egging the pudding to make a story.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Do we know this man? ;-)

Good to see you back,, maybe see you later :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes, he's a scruffy type, long hair, beard and has a purple landie. I thought everyone knew Austin... ;-)

We should arrive at around 7(ish). Just stocked up on some fresh Aberdeen Angus burgers, Cumberland sausages and fallingoverwater.

Reply to
.mother

Mother Hi,

on the other hand please remember the other saying going like "trust no-one" (lol)

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Fri, 09 May 2008 17:28:56 +0100, .mother enlightened us thusly:

some time ago I was accosted by the minions of the law, returning home late one night.

"we've had a lot of trailer thefts recently", quoth they.

I was tempted to (but refrained) say "If I was going to nick trailers, I'd use a slightly less conspicuous motor"

Currently, Father is driving that. In theory, I've got the 110 wagon but that's awaiting time and/or money to repair the chassis, neither of these things is in good supply right now.

Or a bit more money and time and a complete rebuild. I know a chap who has a good galved chassis.

Reply to
Austin Shackles