Reg No

I just bought an old saab which is only 11 out numerically on the plate from one my parents had while i was younger (this was one of the things that made me buy it! - they probably sat together on the forecourt!). I still have the number plates from his old one (a souvenir!), and it looks like both cars came from the same saab dealer, who presumably bought a big block of numbers to put on the new cars. Ive just spent ages looking up 10 or 15 either side of them, and not found any to still be about apart from the one i have now :(

It doesnt seem to want to give me any details on my landy ('69 H reg) or my dads old morris minor either (an XX NNNN plate), so its not a totally complete system, which is a shame.

Reply to
Tom Woods

The Disco I sold last year is still showing as not being re-registered. And the DVLA have just sent me a reminder for the new tax. Should I be worried? Or should I go and nick it back as it's still in my name?!

David

Reply to
David French

I saw either A1 or 1A on a fairly mundane Japanese estate on the Denham roundabout a few years back.

David French

No sadly , just a photoshop play for my LRE forum avitar... I wouldn't mind it but wouldn't pay whatever the asking price would no doubt be... I have got cherished numbers...mine was an accident, on a car we bought :-) and Mrs D's was a Birthday prezzie for the woman who has everything but for a repainted 101 ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

|| On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:46:49 +0000, Austin Shackles || wrote: || ||| Looked up our disco, which is obviously there... LR discovery ||| estate, green, 2 owners etc., then out of interest looked up the ||| next 2 numbers which are identical vehicles... || || I just bought an old saab which is only 11 out numerically on the || plate from one my parents had while i was younger (this was one of || the things that made me buy it! - they probably sat together on the || forecourt!). || I still have the number plates from his old one (a souvenir!), and it || looks like both cars came from the same saab dealer, who presumably || bought a big block of numbers to put on the new cars. || Ive just spent ages looking up 10 or 15 either side of them, and not || found any to still be about apart from the one i have now :( || || It doesnt seem to want to give me any details on my landy ('69 H reg) || or my dads old morris minor either (an XX NNNN plate), so its not a || totally complete system, which is a shame.

I've put in a few numbers, but all the really old ones (3+3, 4+2, and up to V suffix) don't give a result. Does this mean the cars are now scrapped?

(YVY 27V, Citroen 2CV6, took me round Europe in the summer of 1982. Can it be no more?)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| On or around Sun, 29 Feb 2004 09:18:57 GMT, "Richard" || enlightened us thusly: || ||| Is there a web site anywhere that if you type in a number plate it ||| will tell you who it belongs to? I have seen two plates locally ||| that begin V8 .... Richard || || || I think only the dibbles are allowed to do that. || || no doubt plenty of V8 *** out there. || || -- || Austin Shackles.

my opinions are just that || "Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero" (sieze today, and put || as little trust as you can in tomorrow) Horace (65 - 8 BC) Odes, || I.xi.8

During idle moments at work I sometimes visit

and have a play with various combinations. Their search facility is very good (better than the DVLA's own plate-sales site). New-reg have a whole section on V4/V6/V8 - trouble is, you have to own a 2000-on vehicle to display it.

I always thought V8 MUD would be good.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Buy that one and you can join the "MUD Posse" ;-)

Piglet has just had his new plate fitted : P19 MUD

Neil

Neil Brownlee