Remote locking. Disco 2

Is there any difference between locking it with the remote and locking with the key? I've no owners manual so can't look it up.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jakey

OK according to my handbook this is what it says;

If using the key, doors, bonnet and starter switch are covered. This is for when people or animals are left in the car. Using the remote activates the entire alarm system. OK I shortened it but basically that is what it tells me. I have a '95' Disco 2. Hope this helps.

Reply to
cyberwraith

Aha an excuse to go outside and get my manual to read up on noises...

Anyway, yes there is. You don't get "superlocking" or interior space protection (if fitted) when you use the key.

Superlocking means that the interior handles are disabled, stops a tea leaf breaking a window and reaching into to open a door.

Essentially use the remote for maximum security and the key if you are leaving an animal or someone inside the car.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for your replies both of you. I was going to buy an owners manual until the main dealer near me wanted £40 + for one.

Reply to
Jakey

Flippin' 'eck. Wander over to e-bay and pickup one of the Land Rover service CD-ROMs for about a fiver. Pretty sure that the one I've got has the User Manual as well as all the service stuff. There are lots of different versions so read the descriptions carefully or contact the seller to ensure that it covers your particular MY.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for that. Just bought one with everything on that i need.

Reply to
Jakey