Removing cooling fan on TD5

Hi,

Has anyone removed the cooling fan on a TD5 engine? I want to replace the auxillary drive belt and to do this the fan is supposed to come off. The LR manual says I need two special tools to do it. Is it possible to do it with 'normal' spanners etc??

Thanks for any advice.

Tony Boyle.

Reply to
Tony Boyle

I think it is a 36 mm spanner and mostly you can get away with a hammer. hold the spanner on the fan nut and hit the spanner with the hammer, doesn´t always work, but sometimes. If not then take a crow bar and wedge it somewhere on the pulley so it cannot turn. If I remenber rightly it is right hand thread. If I am wrong then please let me know. "Tony Boyle" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:buavht$fihr5$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-80747.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Lobby