New 110 funny noise when switched off

Hi all,

I have just got a new Defender which is brilliant, the only question is when I switch off it makes a funny noise for about a minute.........does anyone know what it is or should it do it.

Rickon

Reply to
rickon nye

what kind of noise would be consider 'funny'? does it sound like turbo winding down? (almost sounds like jet engine shutting down)

Kent

Reply to
Kent Shih

Has it got a fuel-burning heater fitted? If so and it's a sort of low whistling noise then it could be that.

Dave

Reply to
Rabbits

It's the centrifugal oil filter spinning down, fairly normal, mine does it anyway!

Tony.

Reply to
Tony Boyle

Centrifugal Oil filter IIRC

Reply to
Denis F

On or around Sat, 17 Jan 2004 09:56:49 +0000, Denis F enlightened us thusly:

if it's a TD5, then yes, that's probably it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hi all,

Thanks for the information about the Centrifugal Oil filter causing a strange noise on my Defender.

Reply to
rickon nye