Removing defender Td5 Viscous Fan - Special tools required ?

Hello,

Do i need the special tools (LTR-12-093 & 094) to remove the viscous fan? Any alternative ?

Lieven.

Reply to
Lieven Gillis

Difflock

now do a viscous fan spanner set, which is much cheaper than the LR tools.

Do you really need to remove the fan? What are you doing on the engine? Quite a few things which say in the manual that they need the fan removing can sometimes be done without.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Lewis

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

I want to flush/clean the intercooler. The manual states that the radiator needs to be removed. One of the steps is to remove the fan.

Lieven.

"Martin Lewis" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
Lieven Gillis

You shouldn't need to remove the fan to take the radiator off, I certainly didn't :o)

Martin

Reply to
Martin Lewis