Repainting Lamp Guards

Mine are getting rusty ands the plastic type coating is peeling off. Any suggestions as to how to strip it? It seems impervious to Nitromors.

Reply to
hugh

I had mine sand blasted then re-dipped (plastic coated) at a friendly local school tech department, as it's something they teach. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

The coating can be bought from frost http:\\

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Yup done this one myself,

The best way to do it. Choose a very cold day. So the paint is brittle and not soft. Then heat up along one edge only, not all the way round. Then chip the paint with a paint scraper and it will come off.

Treat with hammerite. Much better at rust prevention.

Yours

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

In message , Andrew Renshaw writes

Thanks Andy, I'll give it a go. Hammerite was what I had in mind if I could only get the original off.

Reply to
hugh