RR Steering Drop arm, Ball Joint

Well, we have the RRC parts list book, and that is what is shown in that too

Niamh.

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:20:53 +0000 (UTC), Dave White enlightened us thusly:

that agrees with the HBoL, which shows such an arm on the disco but not on the RR. however, as you say, better arrangement in some ways, less faffing around to change the joint.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 27 Apr 2004 21:37:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Nicknelsonleeds) enlightened us thusly:

HBoL tells me that pre-83 RR have the integral type, and that after that they have the rebuildable one the same as my 110 has.

The one in the picture is as someone else pointed out the same as (some of) the discos. Not sure if all discos are thus. It's possible that late-model RR Classics had these arms as well, I suppose - after all, they'd have been available.

I'll have a look at our '95 disco if I remember, and see what's on that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Which drop arm? Early RRs classics have a large diameter ball joint which can be rebuilt. Later models use a converntional tierod end. My '86 had the early type. I fitted the kit and found it fairly easy to do.

Ron Emu Plains, Australia

Reply to
The Becketts

On or around Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:41:45 +1000, "The Becketts" enlightened us thusly:

seems that there were 3 kinds then - earlier-still ones have a non-rebuildable one.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Actually, I'd forgotten about that one. I've never owned a RR with it. Thanks Austin

Ron

Reply to
The Becketts