RR tyre sizes

On my 99 Range Rover I currently have 255x65xR16 tyres. Any reason not to put a set of 255x55xH16s on? What difference will it make? TIA Craig

Reply to
Craig Stewart

It'll reduce your top/cruising speed. The 55 refers to the height of the sidewall at a ratio of the width. Your existing tyres are roughly 29" tall, with a circumference of 91". The 55's are roughly 27" tall with a circumference of 85". Hence, you have turn the wheel 7% further to go the same distance (or 7% faster to achieve the same speed).

Your speedo will also be (further) out.

Reply to
Steve Morgan

On or around Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:22:26 +0100, "Steve Morgan" enlightened us thusly:

sporting chance that the speedo will be closer, though :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles