RR Vogue LSE

Hi Guys,

Have had a RR Classic (with LPG) since '02 and have enjoyed every minute of ownership (including the tears, watching my bank account dwindle:-)).

I'm looking for a later Classic ('94 'M' perhaps) and wanted to know if I'm right in thinking that the Vogue LSE is slightly longer than the standard Rangie and, if so, by how much and, therefore, how much extra load space would there be?

I'm mainly interested in the extra load space as I'm a musician and need to carry loads of gear around with me.

TIA

Colin

Reply to
CJ

In message , CJ writes

7" extra length

The extra length is put in to give greater leg room for rear passengers.

Given the way that the seats fold down on a RR Classic you will not really gain any extra load space

Reply to
Marc Draper

Cheers Marc,

I've also been looking at the Toyota Hilux Surf (sorry for the offence to this NG;-)) but honestly think I'll stick to the RR (for all it's quirks). The LSE I'm looking at is also a late soft dashboard model and seems to have some of the good points of the p38 without a lot of the problems.

Regards,

Colin

Reply to
CJ

I was not aware that the P38 had any good points !

The surf does have more load space, I took one in PX for a Discovery once .... Never again I think it took me 2 years to sell it ;-)

Reply to
Marc Draper

On or around Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:21:07 +0000, Marc Draper enlightened us thusly:

I thought they were 108", and thus 8" longer?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Austin Shackles writes

You could be right Austin

But 1" is within tolerance !!!!

Reply to
Marc Draper

Not sure I agree.

Late classic suffers from same (possibly worse) air suspension gremlins, and possible engine problems as the P38.

David

4.6SE P38 1996
Reply to
rads

They also suffer major corrosion problems, the P38's do not. You might get a rough lower tailgate, but it can be sorted for areasonable money.

P38 every time for me matey. Just buy the best you can.

Reply to
Nige

Panel gap?

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:53:14 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

and if the airsus bothers you, find one that's been converted to steel.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I have just converted one for a customer. Really struggle to tell the difference.

For all those P38 lovers out there I have just picked up a S plate 4.6 Vogue SE with gas conversion. And a brand new gen LR engine. All the toys work(ish)

Sensible offers please..... Trade sale only.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Hi Marc,

So ... do you think an early P38 is the way to go, rather than a late Classic?

I love the P38s but have been told some horror stories (especially regarding pourous blocks on the 4.6) and, running mine on LPG, there's not so much room underneath for sill tanks etc ... My local RR guy has advised me to stick with a Classic as there are less gizmos, fewer ECUs and therefore less to go wrong.

Regards,

Colin

Reply to
CJ

No mate, there are nearly as many ECU's on a late classic! The P38 has it's problems, but it is such a nice car. I mean it is such a nice car. It cost me more money to keep a 110 running than a P38, so make yer own choices. it's an old car now, buy one & love it. If the airsus gives up, it will cost you £350 to convert it to coils etc.

I miss mine like a dead brother.

Reply to
Nige

Go on then, take this to e-mail..........

Reply to
Nige

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I think I know the feeling.....

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Nuff said, Nige.

Cheers,

Colin

Reply to
CJ

Not really necessary anymore. There compressor and valve block rebuild kits are available at reasonable prices. Air springs are about £65 a corner, and ecu's come up regularly on ebay.

Lots of good info here

David

1996 P38a 4.6SE
Reply to
rads

"rads" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... : On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 21:37:39 -0000, "Nige" : wrote: : : >If the airsus gives : >up, it will cost you £350 to convert it to coils etc. : : : Not really necessary anymore. There compressor and valve block rebuild : kits are available at reasonable prices. Air springs are about £65 a : corner, and ecu's come up regularly on ebay. : : Lots of good info here :

: : David : : 1996 P38a 4.6SE

or do what I did, find someone that is converting to springs and grab all the gear dirt cheap

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

No I hate them !!!

Nice to drive I admit, I am enjoying pushing mine around the lanes (not literally . . . . yet).

If all my customers bought p38's I could retire next year !!!

Trouble with the classics is they are getting a bit long in the tooth and finding a good one will only get harder.

Reply to
Marc Draper

LOL!!! Did you get the bits yet matey?

Reply to