Rule of Tim - Very wireless broadband

Hi,

Also try the local authority (District/County Council) - round here we've got rural broadband via Satellite, they might have a similar scheme and set you up for a few days as a PR stunt. I'd give you our details, but I've not got them myself yet...............

Sarah

Reply to
Sarah Hill

Twas Sat, 3 Apr 2004 15:53:38 +0100 when "Rich Clafton" put finger to keyboard producing:

It's nice to know he'd miss us, it must be love ;o)

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

I thought it would be an interesting project for the kids, to be able to maintain a website which was updated with news & photos on the trip round. The parents would love it. And I'm sure we could get a good media profile, hence my optimism on sponsorship.

With the Ten Tors thing, some of the students and ex-students have developed some fantastic tools for route planning, course mapping, predicting progress etc. A lot of it's still being honed, but for next year's Ten Tors we'll have some pretty impressive stuff. You can get an idea of it on:

If we had access to a Web server from the Ten Tors base camp, we'd be able to do lovely things like live updating maps of where the teams are. If we could test it on our own teams this year, by next year we could offer it to other schools too. The possibilities are endless, but at the moment I'm hedging round it, as it could be a mammoth task.

David

Reply to
David French

Twas Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:57:35 +0100 when "David French" put finger to keyboard producing:

I'm often working on Dartmoor, if your software will help me find and use tracks there I may buy some. I have to drive to photo locations as I can hardly walk.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk
110 CSW 2.5(na)D___________________________________________________________

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

It's mainly aimed at cross-country walking so I don't think it would help - sorry.

However... between us we know Dartmoor inside out. If you ever need any help, call me (I'll email you my mobile number) and if I can't help, I'll get you in touch with somebody who can. A couple of our staff know every last cairn and tuft of grass. Mostly by name.

As you'll know, there's very little vehicle access on Dartmoor outside the marked roads (eg, few BOATs / RUPPs etc), and driving off-road is an absolute no-no, but if a little local knowledge of the terrain could come in handy for accessibility then let me know.

Cheers, David.

Reply to
David French

Twas Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:25:31 +0100 when "David French" put finger to keyboard producing:

I've got a few things to do for a calender for next year, landscapes, if there are any particularly scenic spots accesable by vehicle that you know of I'll come and check them out, OS grid if fine.

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

mrniceATmrnice.me.uk

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Well, there are loads, but of course when you come to think of them, it's hard to pin them down. I'll note them as I'm hacking around and let you know if I find anywhere good.

David French