Rust proofing new rear door?

I have just noticed the new rear door for my D90 has no drain holes. I have had it sprayed, but what are the chances that the inside of the box section isn't even primed? No wonder they rust!

I am thinking of drilling a couple of holes at the bottom. But do I Waxoyl it or run some POR15 in and try to slosh it around?

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

If it is not genuine - very high.

I would have hoped that zinc coated steel (e.g. Zintec) may have been used by LR but have no specific knowledge.

I think that you have the right idea - drill some holes and flood with Waxoyl. Some of the upper sections may not communicate with the lower - study the construction and drill accordingly.

David

Reply to
Dougal

I also pushed the door skin away from the frame slightly, flooded the gap with waxy rustproofer and let it spread through the gap.

Reply to
Jon