S2A - VIN plate?

Where would I find the VIN plate on a UK 1967 S2A?

Thanks

Reply to
Clive

Inside, on the bulkhead on my 1958. But god alone knows what bits on that might be original!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

You think you've got problems my 2a has a complete series 3 body and interior the vin number says its about 1967 the log book says it was registered in '82 but with a declared date of manufacture of '71

By the way my vin plate is a long oval plate on the bulkhead under the bonnet not got the plate inside

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

My 1967 IIa has the VIN plate inside, on the bulkhead , with the gearstick instructions.

Regards

Reply to
Rudolph Hucker

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Clive) growled:

Would it have one? My 1974 SIII didn't have one. Chassis numbers were all one needed in times past.

Reply to
Paul Oldham

On or around Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:00 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@the-hug.org (Paul Oldham) enlightened us thusly:

saves trying to find it on the chassis...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Same here. People think mine's a Series III when they see it but the VIN plate inside the cab clearly states its a Series 2A. Presumably the entire body has been robbed off of a later model as it has an S3 bulkhead too.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

The VIN plate on my 1969 S2A is on the bulkhead, below the dashboard.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland