Scheelman Seats - Anyone Got Them?

Hi all,

I am just startting to prepare my 90 Hardtop for a trek to Italy (from the UK). First (cosmetic) thing to change are my tatty seats. I like the look of the Scheelman Seats but at £350 each they are not cheap. Has anyone got a pair? Are they comfy and worth the cash?

Any other alternatives suggested? I know some Volvo or Saab seats from the local scrappy will fit if you take an angle grinter and welder to them but thats not really what i'm after...

Thanks Jon

Reply to
Jon

How about trackers / exmoor tim? They do half leather ones now, as well as the rest of the range. They don't respond to emails, but will answer the 'phone! Jon

Reply to
Jon

mmmm !!!!!!!!!!!!!! strange this Usenet or did Tim's post fail to reach its goal

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

On or around Fri, 09 Jan 2004 11:33:05 +0000, Jon enlightened us thusly:

sierra sports seats in mine, best thing I ever did. You need 2 flat plates about 19"x6" (3mm plate would be better than the 2mm I used); drill holes to bolt the plate to the seat, having removed the ford underpinnings, then drill more holes to bolt the seat-with-plates to the LR seat runners. On mine, as I was losing the middle seat, I moved 'em in about an inch, but that's not essential. fecking ace seats for off-roading, too - loads of lateral support.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Que?

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

he asks

"How about trackers / exmoor tim? "

as though he is answering a post that is appears to be missing

And I have just wasted my time because you are pulling my leg :D

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Not guilty, but ISWM now.

Trackers are a crap breakfast bar, but Exmoor is a fine place I understand...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

But Marathons are *NOT* snickers I tell you

Mike

p.s I did some work a few years ago trying to get a laser to etch barcodes onto glass

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Interesting. Why laser and not a dot-peen solution? I'm currently working on the very same for marking gearboxes for a well known machinery manufacturer.

It's easier these days with Datamatrix type codes. It's actually becoming quite common to laser etch metal nowadays, though I've not done anything with direct marking glass. I guess you'll struggle to get any decent contrast, especially if you don't have control of the lighting and background.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Ironically I worked better on clear glass than coloured , we were also approached by a brewery who wanted invisible barcodes laser etched on their bottles to help combat counterfeit products .

We then experimented with Intense pulsed light hair depilation (big money beauty treatments) and the barcodes took a back seat and that as they say was that.

Anyway we digress

Mike

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Invisible barcodes? They hadn't quite grasped how they work, had they? :-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Erm, didn't some snobby French Brandy company do this with an etched tracking 'micro barcode' on their XXX000 or whatever bottles a couple of years ago to covertly track rebottled fakes or somesuch? (May be wrong, but I thought it was on Tomorrows World or one of the Industry Awards somewhere).

IIRC, they were more worried about the authenticity of the bottles than the content. The 'bottles' with fake plonk turned out to be genuine, or, from the 'correct' bottle manufacturer or summat. Someone please find a reference to this on Google!

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Datamatrix codes routinely go down to 5mm x 5mm, and still hold a fair amount of data and with some redundancy. Read aggression is not great (though we have some fantastic kit that will go very quick if you can get the print and lighting quality right). Not seen it on glass, though it would be more straightforward on the label, seals or cap.

Someone (reliable and 'in the know') told me that Pfizer are unable to distinguish their genuine product from fake (it's a peculiarity of the pharma industry that to be able to get a licence for a product you have to put the manufacturing details into the public domain). The answer currently employed is to insert human DNA into the recipe, as that is very hard to read, let alone to fake.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Mother"

Reply to
Mike Jones Super Hero

Every Single Penny.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Peter, Thanks for the reply. Out of interest which model seats have you got and are they OK when off-roading?

Jon

Reply to
Jon