SE or HSE

Morning all,

Have been toying with the idea of a 4.6 HSE for a while now.

LAst night, went to see one, which turned out to be a 4.0 SE.

However, it has recently had a brand new 4.6 fitted, and would come at a good price.

So, what toys are missing from a SE compared to an HSE.

Electric Seats Seat Heaters HK sound system.

What else?

Thanks.

David

Reply to
rads

Sunroof Larger wheels Driving lights (I think) Steering wheel stereo controls Footwell lights(?)

I thought heated seats came as std on all the V8's?

I think it all depends on the year as well because they made some changes as they went along to the spec - particularly in 1999.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

I think I can live with that!

Not sure about the seat heaters, did not notice them, but wasn't really looking. Just assumed...

David

Reply to
rads

"rads" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

They wont work anyway!!

The HSE has side body mouldings, allsorts of little gizmos like dipping side mirrors etc. They can also have Harmon Kardon stereos etc.

Best have a look at one first!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

That's true! well, maybe the passenger side one might.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Disco, not RR, but heated seats anyway...

Took M-in-L out for a spin at the weekend. Bit of a struggle to get her in - she's 92 and insists on keeping her walking stick and handbag in her mitts at all times (that's relevant), and the passenger seat is a bit high, so it was a bit of a clamber to get in. We had got about a mile down the road and she started wiggling about in the seat. A couple of minutes later, there was a small voice from my left - "I think my - er - something's getting warm!" "Pardon?" "I think my bottom's getting warm!" "Well, it's a nice day..." "No, I really think my bottom's getting, actually it's getting hot!"

Check seat heater buttons - sure enough she had pressed one as she got in. I told her what had happened (her last car was a Triumph Acclaim, where a working engine was cost option, so she doesn't understand these newfangled things) and she burst out laughing. "You've turned on the heated seat, dear!" "No I haven't" "Yes you have" "Really?"

Then she muttered something about looking forward to smoked ham for tea. I think she's with us for good now - the temporary stay after her house fire is turning into a long gig. Thank God she has a sense of humour.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

"rads" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Depending on year, you may be missing traction control on one or both axles... only occasionally a problem off-road, IME

Reply to
Natalie Drest

Yeah, traction control on 4.6 HSE only on the earlier models on the rear axle. On both axles from 1999 on more models as I recall.

Regards,

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

||| Depending on year, you may be missing traction control on one or ||| both axles... only occasionally a problem off-road, IME || || Yeah, traction control on 4.6 HSE only on the earlier models on the || rear axle. On both axles from 1999 on more models as I recall. || || Regards, || || Matt.

You're right. Rear-only TC still pretty good in the mud, though.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Indeed it is. I can attest to the frustration of not having it in my 4.0; if you play in the mud, you'll be much happier in an HSE (*a* HSE? I'm never sure...)

Reply to
Natalie Drest