Seatbelts for an MOT

Hi all,

I have just purchased a Williams Racing Harness (3 point) for the Drivers seat of my series 3 , 88inch, 2.25 petrol. Now the harness secures in by eye bolts and is three point. It has little clips not unlike the Disco seatbelts for the straps.

Is it legal to use a harness in place of a seatbelt, will it pass the MOT? The webbing is twice the thickness of a normal seatbelt and it has straps on both shoulders and a pad for the tummy. I would say it seems more secure than the dated series 3 belt.

Many thanks in advance.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

of my series 3 , 88inch, 2.25

little clips not unlike the Disco

webbing is twice the

for the tummy. I would say it

If it's got a British standards mark it will be ok

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

Seems fair ....

now then who's up for a millennium falcon...swap for a connect four or kerplunk?

;o)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Mon, 08 Nov 2004 08:49:42 GMT, "Andrew Renshaw" enlightened us thusly:

I suspect your eyebolts would need to be seat-belt standard, viz. 7/16" UNF, and into suitable mountings, although you should be able to re-use the normal belt mounting points for that. likewise, if the thing's sold as a replacement/laternative to a normal seat belt, then it should come with

7/16" bolts.
Reply to
Austin Shackles