Seats suitable for offroading?

x-no-archive: yes

Hi there. Bought a Series 2a and am having her done up for offroading, the cab has no seats and there's a big puddle of water where the refrigerated cubby box will be** (as I have to fit a new Gearbox I'm going to strip it all out and clean it up anyway)... V8 conversion already done.

Now, when all this is done I hope to get some seats that will do for comfort as offroading on the standard foam seats gets to be quite literally a pain in the ass...

Are there any recommended seats?

Anyone tried the Extreme from Exmoor? I see they are coy about the price so I bet they are aover £100 each...any other recommendations?

** I like my red bull cold...
Reply to
tf

Get a set of the "Delux" standard seats on the later adjustable sliders, they may not look a whole lot different to the "standard" ones, but the are far more comfortable and the slight "bucket" effect will hold you in on side slopes very nicely - plus being standard you can still something out of the windscreen!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Be careful on that stuff... I once drank 2 cans and ran a red light a couple of hours later. I would have probably been safer drinking vodka. I'm convinced it's not a good idea to drive on the stuff.

David

Reply to
David French

On or around Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:31:26 -0000, "David French" enlightened us thusly:

Pah, yoofer terday. Try about 1½ pints of espresso...

on reflection, the last mug was probably a mistake, what with the palpitations and stuff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles