Wheels for Defender

Hi,

I've just been offered some 235/85R16 Trac Edges. Will they fit on a 93 Defender as standard or will a suspension lift be required?

Many thanks

Reply to
Julian

They fit without mod and in fact are probably the best size for a Defender.

Reply to
Exit

They are a discontinued tyre but an excellent pattern I bought a spare set when I found out the were going out of production! If they have a decent amout of tread they are like gold dust. You don't need any suspension mods but the tyre does boost the ride a little. They are a good all rounder, I run them all the time, and my car gets used for daily work, a lot of greenlaning all across the country and also I compete at club level in road rallies on them. They cruise quietly on the motorway at 90mph and have easily climbed Frozen Icefall rock gullies in Wales and the lakes, as well as bogbashing. Also they are not so aggressive on the lanes. I can't extol their virtues enough.

Mark

Not at all associated with BFG at all, just dissapointed they discontinued the Trac Edge!

Reply to
Mark

In message , Julian writes

They'll fit OK - had 'em on my 86 90 at one stage. They're a very good intermediate tyre.

Reply to
hugh

|| Julian wrote: ||| Hi, ||| ||| I've just been offered some 235/85R16 Trac Edges. Will they fit on ||| a 93 Defender as standard or will a suspension lift be required? ||| ||| Many thanks || || They fit without mod and in fact are probably the best size for a || Defender. || || -- || Julian || --------- || = Pretentious Sig required =

Agreed 100%.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Thanks for all the replies,

Fitted the tyres and they improved the drivability and feel.

One small problem is the exhaust is now very close to the rear tyre and when heavily loaded it rubs on right hand bends. I have adjusted the end exhaust bracket to pull the pipe away, but it's still close.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Julian

Any exhaust fitters will adjust it for a few quid.

Reply to
Exit