Ser2a vs Ser 3 chassis

Hi all

Can anybody tell me if I can use a Series 3 88" chassis on a 1968 Series 2a

88" ??

Thanks

Bawb

Reply to
Bob

Search recent posts here, Bob. This subject or something very similar cropped in the past two weeks.

Reply to
Dougal

Hi

My newserver goes back to the 2nd Feb, I've also tried Google Groups with no trace - anybody help?

(the title of the orig>

Reply to
Bob

I was beginning to suspect my memory .. try this:

Dougal

Yes, no problem, but you will have to alter the front brake pipes to the hubs. Remove the long flexibles and change to the shorter Ser 111 type(make sure you get the earlier ones in U.N.F) and fit the metal brake pipes to the wheel cylinders with associated brackets on the swivel housings. You will see what I mean when you come to fit them, otherwise everything else fits.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

it was called 'chassis differences' from jan 22nd

go on google groups and search within this group for that.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I put a 1979 series 3 swb onto a 1961 series 2 swb with no problems at all.

Richard

Reply to
Richard

But the original post was for a 109" and there are quite a few differences in these depending on the model whilst the only differences on the 88" are the seat belt anchor points and the front flexible brake pipe mountings. By the way the pipes you will need are RTC5903 (Lucas PHC163) and the brackets

577697.

HTH Martin.

Reply to
Oily