Series 2a onto Series 3 chassis

I have a Series 3 109 SW (2 Door) and a S2A 88inch. The chassis and running gear on the 2a are shot but the engine/boxes/bulkhead/guards are fine. The S3 lacks a roof, has a rotten bulkhead, a stuffed engine but a very sound chassis. My question is this, can a 2a front end (from the doors forward) be fitted to a S3 chassis? (the engines are the same (both Holden 6cyl) Chris M Wellington, NZ

Reply to
Chris

In theory yes, but may depend on how the Holden conversions were done. You can do some simple checks by measuring the distances from the engine mounts to the front cross member and the outriggers for the firewall. Check measure the distances between the front outrigger and the outrigger which has the two vertical mounting plates for the back of the cab. If all measurements are ok then its a simple bolt up job.

Reply to
Roger Martin

I dunno if this helps, but I recently put a SIII chassis on my 1969 IIA,

the only significant difference was the position of the boltholes behind the seatbox, 2 of which no longer lined up to the seatbox/tub. No big deal, I just left them out.

Everything like Bulkhead/wings/doors/sills should be interchangable, although note i know bugger all about Holden conversions and I was only fitting the bog standard pommie 2.25 petrol engine

Hope this helps

Reply to
Spozza