Wish me Luck MOT day

Hi All. My Morlock is in for its first MOT. So fingers crossed.

Reply to
John Oakes

Good luck.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You'd be better off booking a car in for an MOT!

Alex

Reply to
Alex

i am taking my disco soon, is it right that re-tests are no longer free?

Reply to
Paul

Yeehaa Failed on CO emission got re-adjusted there and then and passed flying through. Thanks for the luck guys.

Reply to
John Oakes

Depends on the local garage - mine offers a free re-test if bought back within 7 days. I think on the back of the failure sheet it states that the full fee is applicable, but the garage chooses to ignore this...good marketing y'see.

Thanks, Paul

----------------------

1992 Range Rover Vogue SE "Arthur"
Reply to
Pacman

the reason i thought they were no longer free is that now they are computerised i assumed that they have to enter it as a fail via the pc, so a re-test will have to be re-entered as if a new test if you see what i mean. i'm sure that there are a few lines in this months lro about it, i think its near the letters page.

Reply to
Paul

within 7 days. I think on the back

garage chooses to ignore

computerised i assumed that they have to

new test if you see what i

its near the letters page.

If the vehicle is repaired on site or if brought back within 24 hrs for a minor item (lights and things) them a fast pass is done otherwise as you say it's a full re-test that takes about an hour Most places have upped the price to cover the extra time taken but a lot still offer free re-tests where I work still offers free retest for 14 days

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

On or around Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:48:06 +0100, John Oakes enlightened us thusly:

Jolly good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles