series fuel gauge

I heard that the London Underground is run by BBCs, izzatso?

Martin

Reply to
Oily

An' I've still got a TRS80 16k level 2 that still works!

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I'll raise you a Kaypro II, a VIC20 and a Wang 2200T (and most other members of the CS/2200 family).

Reply to
EMB

I think I have a vic 20 but you've trumped me with the Kaypro and the Wang, although I used to have a Nascom some time ago, but I was a kid at the time so pulled it apart and it vanished over the years!

How about table-top games of Astro Wars, Scramble and Munchman? ;-) I can still wrap the score on Astro Wars.

My current junk of this type;

There's a Frogger up there somewhere too, not to mention two Big Traks and a trailer...

What am I doing sitting at my desk working.. I should be up in the loft.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Wot, using the "tube" interface?

Hehehe...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:53:44 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

actually, I think it's a 6809.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Motorola 6809E @ 0.89 MHz according to wikipedia;

I've never actually fired mine up yet, it's item number 2.364x10^13 on my todo list, one above "repair wing on landy".

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Thu, 19 Oct 2006 12:33:40 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

well well.

One thing they did have was lovely joysticks, with erm... 6 bit (I think) A-D on each axis. Programming wise, the axes went from 0-63 each way, so that 0,0 was bottom left and 63,63 was top right.

Made for excellent control of flying games and the like. This is something sadly lacking from more or less everything else - switched on-off joysticks are nowhere near as good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Now would probably be even funnier if I knew what a 'tube interface' was, not being a computer techie. ;-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Ah, sorry, the BBC computer has an interface on the bottom labelled "tube", it was used mainly to connect a second processor, I wonder if that's where the notion that the underground system was controlled by them came from!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

If were going for obscure i've got a tandy newbrain with a built in screen :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tandy? I thought it was Grundy?

"Grundy", sounds like a west country manufacturer ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I think whoever told me was serious but you're probably right. I've still got a Model B around somewhere, I'll have a look tomorrow and see if I can figure out what that is though I'm pretty sure they said the 'BBC Master'.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Still got an Acorn Atom, a Sinclair ZX81(which I had given to me), a BBC Model B and some bits of a Ferranti Advance left over (which has arrays of tubular glass encased transistors, not chips). ;-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

All the BBCs apart from the model 'A' had the tube IIRC, but the beebs were popular for many things involving external control as they had a decent amount of external communication hardware. Nice little machines, I'll get an econet up and running one of these days with my beebs on it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

If it doesn't the guy who designed it is a personal acquaintance of mine....

Steve

Reply to
steve