Disco 1999 TD5 SII - OVERHEATING! please help paid £125 to local garage..

Hi everyone Disco 1999 TD5 SII

Its breaking my heart & wallet - what could be the overheating problem please? Pipes to the radiator are normal i.e. hot after a run

Driver's side foot well is damp??

Air Con occasionally puts "dry ice effect" through the internal air vents when you switch off engine

New thermostat fitted last week

Appreciate you help people

Peter UK

Reply to
peterd

I presume the system is quite different to the system on my 300 Tdi - but the principles will be the same, so this may help:

Mine showed exactly the same problems - overheating, damp footwell, and really misty windscreen sometimes.

Turned out to be the heater matrix which was leaking. A new one was a dashboard-off job but sorted the problem.

After the fix, the footwell took AGES to dry out because the foam holds water. Great design...

:) K

Reply to
Kieran Turner