Series III - Speedometer Problem

Hi There Group,

For a few months now, after I replaced my clutchplate, my speedometer is off. Never goes above 60 kph and if I drive faster it goes down in reading !!

Any ideas ?? (I change the cable already ...)

Robert Cozumel, Mexico

Reply to
Robert Bungener

The problem is almost certainly that the nut on the rear output shaft is loose. The speedometer drive gear is clamped by this nut, that holds the output flange. Disconnect the front of the rear propeller shaft, and move it aside. Remove the split pin and tighten the nut, replace the split pin and reassemble the propeller shaft. JD

Reply to
JD