Series stripdown

Ok calm down not that type of strip, is there a website about that details stripping down a Landy to the chassis before I go nuts and buy that 110 ( I think I taped that Mark Evans project but for the life of me I cant find it ) I just fancy a little light reading (cough) to put me off the idea well for the time being anyway Derek

Reply to
Derek

During stardate Wed, 12 Oct 2005 22:52:01 GMT, "Derek" uttered the imortal words:

Well my Blogg should be enough to put you off, 3 month project = 2 years and now I've a rechassis to look forward to. :0(

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

It's all rather straightforward..... But remember - most of what you take apart you'll want to refurbish / replace. All the oil and nuts and bolts cost money that you won't have budgeted for. You'll want a new chassis and bulkhead....... The Haynes restoration guide is good to have a look through. Jon SIIIx2 (both in bits)

Reply to
Jon

I'd always thought of Percy as modification project rather than a simple stripdown but I see what you mean. The 110 in question is a V8 iffy chassis ( any bets rear X member and outriggers) and front door frames. I have no doubt I have the kit to do the job plus I am getting "the buy some more airtools itch" while my favourite vendor has the rush of blood to his head and is doing the stuff on my wish list for £20 or less (body saw, grit blaster ratchet etc etc) I might go and get some more of those allen keys to ease the pain - they dont get lost like the old style ones and he cant have may left. Derek

Reply to
Derek

During stardate Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:16:22 GMT, "Derek" uttered the imortal words:

I think the only bolts not to come off are the front bolts on the rear springs.

I must be barking! Still got to be better than weaving baskets for sanity.

Tool purchase is very good for sanity preservation :0)

Lee D

-- Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiam. Winston Churchill

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

My 2a was the first car i ever really worked on and i stripped it down to the chassis and built it back up. It really is just a case of unbolting everything you can find. Take lots of pictures as you do it or have a nearby mate with a complete landy so that you can refer to it if you get stuck during reassembly! :). there aint many tricky bits, but some bits are less obvious when you ahve a huge box of assorted nuts and bolts and fittings infront of you.

As with any restoration. work out your budget and timescale. Then triple it... :)

Reply to
Tom Woods