several electrical gremlins

I admit it...I am stumped! I am having some problems with my 1995 disco which may or may not be related. Upon starting the vehicle (sometimes) there is an audible "waterfall" sound behind the dash. Thought perhaps it was a coolant leak from the heater core, but after changing the thermostat for regular maintenance, the leak seems to be gone...but the water sound is still present. Just as one problem was solved, the cigarette lighter and seat switches have stopped working. However, If the weather is just right and you turn the ignition to the accessory setting, the drivers' side seat will activate, but the passengers side does not. I have tested the switches, but they are not the problem. I could really use some help on this, and I would rather not take it in to a dealer or mechanic since they do not seem to want to fix it as it has been a lucrative source of income for them. Thanks for your suggestions!

Reply to
Mimii

Ooher. It is one of the few genuine Solihull Limited Edition Haunted Discoveries.

I'd guess maybe you have a airlock in a hose or heater matrix which produces the water sound.

If the switches are fine it could be a loose connection of some sort, maybe even a fuse in its holder not making full contact. Or an earth problem. Can you test the motors under the seat?

Ooh, a thought just hit me - it sounds like a duff ignition switch which is quite a common problem I gather. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Have you got air con by any chance?

Reply to