Slighty OT Land Rover Radio Control Kit Info

Britains use)

To the best of my knowledge, Britains have always used a scale of

1/32. I just wish I could remember what 'O' gauge was exactly, but it can't be far away from that.

I'll get both of my anoraks...

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

Llandrovers!

4mm to the foot or 1/48 is also commonly known as "OO" scale - my Trix Twin model railway is to that scale!
Reply to
Llandrovers!

Britains use)

Reading this again, I think your conversions are a bit out - a foot is near enough 300mm, so 4mm to the foot is nearer 1/75. This is pretty near to OO (or is it HO?) gauge, and 7mm to the foot is around 1/43, unless I'm very much mistaken.

I'm just off to buy another anorak, but I think you ought to send yours back!

-- David

Reply to
David Lees

Anorak back on!!! Trix were HO, 3.5 mm to the foot, which is the correct conversion when track is 16.5mm guage as used by everyone except the British, "OO" at 4mm to the foot should have a track guage of 17.85 mm "EM" guage. God, am I sad.....

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

All my Trix boxes etc state "OO"! The German versions were "HO" if I remember correctly, though. (Trix is a good system IMHO).

Reply to
Llandrovers!

On or around Wed, 17 Sep 2003 01:07:57 +0100, richard.watson enlightened us thusly:

doesn't one of them use the wrong track gauge? OO now has a 16.5mm track gauge, which is slightly out, or something, so as to be compatible with HO stuff?

I'd tend to assume, doubtless wrongly, that O gauge is twice OO, in other words, 8mm to the foot.

OO comes out at about 1:76, ISTR.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hehe! I quite enjoy the model railways. Actually the Trix stock I have was handed down to me by my father who had it new as a boy, and we've rebuilt it to a new layout design using stuff like Linka System building design and home made trees and shrubbery. Most of the scenery is made from polystyrene which has been moulded into shape by use of a cleverly adapted soldering iron then covered with cloth and painted - quite effective.

Reply to
Llandrovers!

Yep - it's OO which should 17.85mm, or is tha 18 and a bit?

Logically, but then O *is* double 3.5mm to the foot! HO = Half O?

but Arfix decreed 1/72!

You'll notice all of the above odities are British, all part of a consipicy to confuse Jhonny Forigner :)

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

Looks just like the one in the latest Argis catalogue for £49.99. They also do a remakably silly Monster Truck Freelander for £29.99

Cheers

Bill

Reply to
Bill Scarab