Smug gits hands up!

Goarn then... who's running on LPG?

Me for starters :0)

Got quote today for fitted installation on 101 and Renault Laguna (newest member of the fleet) £1000 and £1400 respectively.

They also have a rather useful calculator here

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Good news, I'm on LPG. Bad news, it's not a Land Rover.

-- Mark.

................................................................ Posted via TITANnews - Uncensored Newsgroups Access >>>> at

MVP

I'm gonna get a kit fitted and then run it on low-tax propane from red bottles.....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Are you pumping or bunging in a bottle upside down?

Or is it just the way your sitting? ;o)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Alex at snipped-for-privacy@cbmsys.co.uk wrote on 13/9/05 8:14 pm:

Found this website on my recent search for someone to fit LPG to our Discovery.

Reply to
Nikki

Yeaaahhss those tanks do look nifty though many of the pumps I fill up at state they don't allow those tanks to be refilled for some reason... same in France.

Wonder if the lower tank would do both Vapour and liquid.. that would be ideal on Morph for the cooker.. Of course if I floor the throttle it may mean that it takes 20 minutes to cook my toast. :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

This boot in't...

Bot all mi coars are init...

Reply to
Mother - (on the road)

good site Nikki but you need liquid pickup not vapour those are for heating and cooking use, they are easy to identify look on the bottom for an arrow to show where the pickup pipe is sited we use them on the Fork Lifts. Easy to obtain just wait till the tinkers break camp and leave the usual pile of mess they usually dump a few wonder where they get them from? Derek

Reply to
Derek

Could always drill another hole in the bottom and tap a valve into it, get both pickups that way.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Youre lying about being 'on the road' arnt you!

Reply to
Tom Woods

According to the website their prices start at £1000. Is this really as cheap as it gets there?

I want to get a single carb old saab done, and other places quote £750 or so for that.

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:28:28 +0100, Tom Woods enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I worked it out, he's afloat on a boat. jammy git.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My Dad buys LPG to dry grain on the farm.

There's a subsidy during August & September...........

23p a litre anyone?
Reply to
Martin Edwards

Give them a ring or pop in, they are just up from FWB now. I'm have a de ja vu moment.

IF you fit it your self they will commision it IF its up to the required standard and they are now LPGA approved which is a bonus from the old days.

I would imagine this is the best way forward a s the kit is cheap as chips. I'm still very much considering doing Morph myself.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Mother - (on the cut) would be the correct terminology i believe.

He's in the diesel gang this week!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yeah. Looked em up on the map too after you last told me and got your recommended route sussed out, but been a bit too busy to get there recently :(

Ooh nice. I wondered if they would do that (they mention nothing on the website except that they will do the full install). I'd be happy fitting the tank, and running the pipework and electrics myself, and then letting them do the checking and setting up. I presume you have to drill and tap the manifold somewhere too which sounds a bit scary if you dont know exactly where it is going!

I'd assume that fitting the tank and running the pipework somewhere sensible (my fuel pipe goes inside the car underneath all the carpets and seats...) is one of the more time consuming bits of the install anyhow?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Smart 4rse... ;-)

0 - 3mph in 6.3 minutes...

Life in the slow lane suits me I reckon...

Reply to
Mother - (on the cut)

:-)

Sounds like driving a diesel landy.

Perhaps you should buy a 2a/2b forward control to add to the fleet next - didnt they come with 2.25 diesel engines? I imagine that they are rather slow too.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Better acceleration, though...

Nah, the latest addition to 'modes of transport' will be 62 foot long.

Reply to
Mother

You bought a HGV?

Alex