Smug LPG users

Don't forget that diesel was a quarter the price of petrol before it become popular. LPG will go the same way, tax wise if it ever becomes popular enough to have filling stations closer than every 200 miles. Then the price of barbeque'ing will go up. If the governments were interested in anything other than sleeze and money they would release onto the market the water fuelled engines that we all know exist but cannot find .

Reply to
Peter

The water-fuelled engines were outfitted into the government's centre-steer landrovers and are used to ferry staff around the captured alien spacecraft, you ninny!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Oh, right! That would be the water powered alien space-craft then. Doo-Dee-Doo-Dah-Dum (Is that how you spell the 'Close Encounters' theme?)

Reply to
Peter

I see, split the water into Oxygen and Hydrogen and burn them in the engine. Clever. Where would you get the energy to split the water ?

Steve

Reply to
steve

Peter uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Then I shall be smug knowing I have a choice of 2 fuels, and one which is less damaging to the environment when those hairy greenpeace doodes start moaning..... the ones that used to ride around in an environmental catstrophy that is the Rainwbow Warrior (but of an agressive name isn't is?).

Either that or I'll fill the tanks with Nitrous oxide instead.... mobile dentist...H'mmmm

Beside which at present it's still half the price. When it's equal to or more than then I'll become concerned.

Anyway, isn't Diesel more popular now than it was when it was cheap?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Easy questions eh? Put a solar panel on the roof and remember not to use the roof rack

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Damn, you're too smart for me. Why didn't I think of that....Will the one on my calculator work ?

Steve

Reply to
steve

No, sausages.

Steve

Reply to
steve

On or around Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:59:48 -0000, "Peter" enlightened us thusly:

hmmmm. I suspect a wind-up about the last bit. I don't honestly think that if someone had a genuine water-fuelled vehicle it would have stayed secret so long.

but what you say abotu LPG is doubtless right. No reason not to keep with it for the moment though, and if it does gradually get more expensive, it'll not get more than petrol, I don't reckon.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:31:18 +0000, MVP enlightened us thusly:

I wouldn't put it past 'em. releases CO2 into the atmosphere, dunnit?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Why do you have a roof rack on your calculator?

Reply to
McBad

In case there's anything to 'carry over' :-)

Colin

Reply to
CJ

"Austin Shackles" wrote >

No, it's Methane. :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"Lee_D" wrote >

Either that or I'll fill the tanks with Nitrous oxide instead.... mobile

Or waste oil from your local chipshop, so you can cook your dinner whilst you drive home?

- Tom.

Reply to
Tom Bennett

Look out lads, at this rate, this newsgroup will be taxed due to the high levels of methane from the b*ll sh*t! Seriously though, there have been many reports of water fuelled engines whose designers mysteriously disappeared without a trace in years past. Urban myth or not, there's no smoke . . . . . etc. etc.

Reply to
Peter

In message , " snipped-for-privacy@thetaylorfamily.org.uk" writes

From the engine of course.

Reply to
hugh

Yeah, kidnapped by the one-armed men in black coats, the same as what happened to the people who invented the everlasting light bulb..

*sigh*
Reply to
Ian Rawlings

No its an Excise problem, the reverse of red diesel. In order to ensure that fuel duty had been paid on the water used in the engine, all the other water in the country would have to have a red dye added so that they would know if you had used non-vat water in your engine.

Reply to
hugh

Ah yes well, now they are going to ban the use of home mig welders and larger in pubs as the gas they use is CO2 they will be sending the men round to every pub and Land Rover owner to check garages :-))))

Rich

0123456789112345678921234567893123456789412345678951234567896123456789712345
Reply to
Rich