Something for the ladies

Damned right - I had a wonderful time there about 18 months ago. It's one of the few places in the world I'd choose to live.

Reply to
EMB

I saw Brissie for the first time when I came here on holiday, went back to Pommie land & applied to emigrate immediately. It has that effect on you. Brought out my Series 11 with me, but left the Series 1 behind, Brian Dunsfold sold it for me. Got married soon after I arrived, so it was indeed a good move :)

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

...and Karen Gallagher spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

A variant of "work expands to fit the time available for its completion"?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Full marks, that man :)

Karen Gallagher

On or around Sun, 22 Jan 2006 15:14:51 +1000, "Karen Gallagher" enlightened us thusly:

you're closer than I am, then...

still wondering about ennzed (or oz, come to that) as a place to live...

The roolz don't favour people with no money and over about 30 though, buggrem. same as this country, experience counts for sod-all, all anyone seems to want is paper qualifications.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 22 Jan 2006 04:18:40 GMT, Nikki enlightened us thusly:

imagine if you reached into yer bag for the phobile and accidentally pushed the button thet re-expanded the car...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Both myself & the wife are thinking of ditching this shithole soon as we can. My daughter is young enough to go (5) I'm a qualified Electrical Engineer (ONC) & she's got a degree in all manner of stuff!

I'm 38 & she's 33, I wonder about leaving on average once a day. My family is broken up due to the death of my Dad a few years ago. My mates are the onyl thing i would miss to be honest (I know it sounds bad, but not meant that way)

Anyone got any links about NZ & the requirements etc?

I tried googling with various parameter but get nowt i can use??

Nige

Reply to
Nige

aye - preferably green folding paper.

don't forget Canada

Reply to
William Tasso

Ah... You're therefore _not_ the Karen Gallagher I thought you were. In which case, my slightly provocative (some may say sexist) statements would not have been understood in the same way as if you were the Karen Gallagher I know. Erm, if that makes sense... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Keep digging Martyn - that hole's getting deeper. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

Any further questions, just ask.

Reply to
EMB

Right now with virtually zero unemployment here they've relaxed things a bit, and I'm sure if you came for a wee explore first you'd find someone willing to sponsor you in with a job that "can't be filled by a local".

Reply to
EMB

On or around Sun, 22 Jan 2006 16:54:21 -0000, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. 's a thought. Iknow some o fthe boys around here reckoned that you could get a good result selling a farm here and buying one there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mother"

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

On or around Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:09:41 +1300, EMB enlightened us thusly:

probably helps, the near-zero unemployment I mean. There's also in my case the minor detail of owing the bank lots of money - I suspect they might take a dim view if I pissed off to forn parts... and they probably have a way of pursuing me to somewhere like ennzed to get it back. Though, of course, there's the point that given a suitable job I could continue to pay them back in the normal manner. But I bet it'd have to be done without telling 'em beforehand...

Reply to
Austin Shackles