sorn

We had a vehicle which was an insurance write-off after a minor collision -- it doesn't take much on these modern things with no chassis when they get a bit of age to sap the value -- which was disposed of via the insurance company.

The numberplate popped up in connection with some sort of fraud/theft on the south coast.

My brother's similarly dead car popped up on a speed camera down London way. (The insurance were going to fix it until they noticed the engine had acquired a crack, as well as the front grille getting shoved in. Maybe somebody had a good engine from a rear-ended vehicle, but they didn't do the paperwork right if they did.)

There's a lot of fake plates about.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Incedentally just got my new style registration document through the post today, now where did I put it ?

Reply to
Larry

As you said your self phone calls can be denied and who trusts computers... I hope you asked for written confirmation that you are no longer the registered keeper, I know I would.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:02:01 GMT, "Andrew Renshaw" enlightened us thusly:

increasingly and depressingly common trend these days in the so-called free world.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Reply to
dale hammond

thankyou all for your help i have sent the forms off now but if any body has had similar experiance with dvla and are willing to e mail the details i will with there permission print these off and produce the statements in court to show that the dvla are not belond fault i several cases and they therefore should reconsider their registration procedure

Reply to
dale hammond