Sorted by black smoke!

Got round to servicing the 110 today, now I have changed the filthy air filter & stuck a new fuel filter on it's cleaners than a nuns thoughts!

The oil has now been changed to 20/50 as opposed to the very thin oil I put in by mistake, that seems to have cleared any blue smoke on start-up too!!

Here's to another 234k!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

Don't be too sure about a Nuns thoughts, have you never seen "the devils" :)

Reply to
Larry

I'll have to do an oil change this weekend, does it matter what brand of oil is used? and filters? or is one 20/50 the same as the other?

It's really annoying having to warn people standing behind me that they're about to be covered in smoke.

thanks andy

Reply to
andy:p

Absolutely - Frank Zappa - Catholic Girls...

No, but I've "known" a Vicar's wife!

Reply to
Mother

Get one that is designed for high mileage engines (if it is over 75k etc!)

I put 5w50 (subaru engine oil) in mine by accident a month ago, only done 100 miles or so but the smoke on startup is not good! Good job i didnt put the heavy stuff in the Subaru!

It really does make a difference for older engines, mines done 234k now, no blow by & sounds like a new engine, even at startup. Mind you, all 2.5 NA diesels are rough as f*ck anyhow!

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

so Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

as if the tone wasn't low enough already!... :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

[THUD]

The sound of falling standards ;-)