speedo cable not working

Hello All. My Speedo stopped working suspect snapped.

  1. Is this a easy job.
  2. best place to buy from. be gentle I am tired from a heavy nightshift.

Landrover 90 1984 Diesel 2286cc lt77 gearbox.

Reply to
John Oakes

Twas Wed, 27 Oct 2004 05:48:16 +0100 when John Oakes put finger to keyboard producing:

I did the job on my 1984 110 (2.5d) recently. Got the parts from paddocks (both pieces of a 2 part cable).

10 minute job. a nut and bracket hold the gearbox end in place, access from the removed centre seat. route it up into the engine bay and into the back of the dash, a few clips on the way to stop it rubbing on stuff, then into the speedo, bingo.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Yes - but a bit time consuming due to access.

PRC6022

5.99 inc VAT here

but it *could* be a two-piece type, easily replaced with the above.

ah.... the "good old days" (not).

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd