Spongy clutch pedel

Got in the RRC this morning and noticed that there is approx 50-100mm of movement on the peddle before it feels like it's is moving the clutch. Checked the fluid level and it was virtually empty. Hopefull this is why it's been getting difficult to engage gears over the last few weeks. Topped back up and it's still the same. I'm assuming that i need to bleed the clutch to get rid of this spongyness. Have dug out the Ezibleed kit ready.......

Checked for any major leaks, so far can't find anything obvious. As the top to the reservior was very tight, I'm assuming that the previous owner had not checked the level for sometime (come to think of it neither have I!!). Is there anything I should be aware of when bleeding the clutch?

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

It could be pissing out fluid from the slave into the bellhousing so you may not see evidence of a leak. If the pedal is spongy then there is air in the system.

Bleeding it is a doddle, single pipe to the slave with a bleed nipple on it, I changed the fluid when I was bleeding my brakes with the eezibleed, took literally 5 seconds.

if the clutch slave is knackered it's easy enough to replace, just be sure the exhaust is cold.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP

PS, my clutch medal has about 10-20mm of loose movement but that's the adjustment on the clutch master linkage that I've not got around to adjusting yet since I replaced it as it's working fine with the free movement.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
MVP