Stainless Defender fittings?

Hi All,

Somewhere LRO ? perhaps I saw some stainless fittings hinges etc. for the Defender. Does anyone know the url?

Thanks

Nick

Reply to
Nick

Bad idea - stainless and alloy are one of the worst combinations for corrosion.

Reply to
Roger Martin

Do they do them for Disco rear doors ?

Reply to
StaffBull

Unless you insulate the area of contact with a rubber or plastic surface. The stainless steel door hinges are a work of art.

I have ordered a set for the D90 of a good friend of mine for whom I undertaken the restoration of his vehicle.

Those hinges are wonderful and have absolutely nothing to do when compared quality-wise with the stock LR ones.

I can send you some photos if you like.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thanks for this I think with the corrosion problem and the ptice, it has put me off.,

Regards to all. Nick

Reply to
Nick

You mean the 5th door or the two rear side ones?

the hinges for the 5th door appear like they could be reproduced in stainless steel (no curves apart from the outer visible part. But those of the rear side doors do not look like it.

If you are interested I can ask though. Just as an indication a pair of stainless steel door hinges a D90 costs 150 pounds plus postage (that was 25 pounds from the UK to Greece). They may be expensive but remember they are solid stainless steel, they are adjustable and they are handmade.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Thanks all for the advice.

What with the corosion and the cost it has put me off big time.

Regards

Nick

Reply to
Nick