Stuck for a Chrimbo Prezzie ?

Perfect for the young at heart

NOTE : Paper bag with eye-holes NOT included in price.

Reply to
Los Feratu

On or around Sun, 19 Dec 2004 09:42:13 GMT, Los Feratu enlightened us thusly:

you got to admire the effort that goes into such things, mind.

as it goes, it looks quite a tidy lightweight. Did lightweights get the SIII style dash panel, or did they stick with the SIIA kind as pictured?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

If it's a clean as it looks and if the rollcage is a proper one I might have bought that if I'd had the money. However I'd be removing a few items and going at-it with some paint.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Los Feratu composed the following ...

Looks a nice enough lightweight, but jeez .. why would anyone do that unless they worked for ToysRus or for Action Man distributors (whoever they are).

Stickers and fake missiles, I mean ... At least it'd draw a crowd, though I guess they'd be pissin' themselves .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Oh, come on Mark - where's your sense of adventure????????? BTW, cage doesn't look as if it extended down to chassis, except rearmost hoop. Front screen one certainly only connected to screen frame hinge on bulkhead. Did look clean, though.

For Austin, they all had the early style dash as far as I remember. I may be wrong though... (Puts on teflon raincoat in readiness for almost certain onslaught of comments from lightweight owners club etc.) Badger.

Reply to
Badger

from the ones i have seen, they all have the series 2 center panel - or something very close looking to it.

The series 3 lightweights got the series 3 steering columns i think (with ignition on the column). They definately have the plastic casing round the column, whereas the older ones are bare in the series 2/2A style.

Reply to
Tom Woods

I guess the missiles could prevent a few carpark rage incidents ever occuring......

not that I'm tempted you understand.... what do you reckon was used for the nose cone ... er ... incase the kids would like to make some.....rigged up to a propane tank and piezo lighter with a fan fitted in the centre...

Can you imagine seeing one drop off if you were up it's arse end .... :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D