Swapping Defender Black for Defender Silver Double-cab

I'm thinking about replacing my 'Black' 110 with the limited edition 'Silver' double-cab but can't tell from the brochure picture what it looks like at the back. And, before you ask, I don't have a moment to spare to track down a local dealer who has one in the showroom.

If anyone's seen the double-cab, can you tell me if the rear end is a bit 'funny' to look at. The only thing I've been able to see is Truckmans' web-site, which shows a slightly unclear image.

Thanks!

Reply to
Steve

If you mean the back tub, it's very similar to the HCPU - though I've not made a point of looking at it closely to be sure.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Not being funny, this is a genuine question, how you going to buy one then?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Go to dealer without one in show room. Flash Warren Taming Device AKA chequebook at said dealer. Watch SE motor arrive.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

The "silver" double cab is the same as any other double cab 110

And is nothing like a HCPU.

The 130 double cab is like a HCPU.

Try looking at the landrover website they might have a few pictures :-)

Reply to
Marc Draper

On or around Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:28:26 +0000, Marc Draper enlightened us thusly:

that's what I thought, actually. The pickup bit is like the back of a 90, only possibly shorter :-)

actually, I reckon it's a pity LR let the Jap makers steal a march in 4-door pickups - they could have built one any time in the last 40 years from available parts...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They have been available right from the 127 from Special Vehicles, but not seen much in the UK, probably as they are/were not viewed as fashion accessories. Indeed the Dutch version was a 3-door - for tax reasons I believe. I'm fairly sure a 110 version was produced some years ago, but may have been a special order. LRO did an article a few years ago describing how SV made them almost entirely from standard parts and a hack saw.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

As an owner of a 110 double cab, its not quite as easy as that. It took me some considerable time to track one down that was for sale. There arn't many. If your buying from new I guess you could wait for them to rustle one up in the factory but it might take a while.

The back end looks just like a 90 pickup but it is definitely shorter. I have an Ifor Williams hardtop on the back of mine and I bought the car as a compromise vehicle. I keep tools when working in the back bit (or muddy offroading gear when playing) and kids and wife in the front bit (which makes the house quieter and tidier!)

Good luck with the purchase.

Regards,

Mark

PS. they are highly desired by thieves as well!!!!

Reply to
Mark