TD4 engine & box swap

can I replace the 1.8 petrol engine & gearbox in my 2001 Freelander with a TD4 engine & box in a straight swap thanks omniscients :-)

Reply to
Eric Hall

I don't know the answer to the question, but you need to consider the following.

1) Cruise control is controlled by the Diesel DDE ECU, not a separate ECU as in the 1.8 and V6. 2) I think that the 1.8 throttle is via a cable where the TD4 is drive by wire. (not 100% sure about this one) 3) The immobiliser (EWS3) will need recoding for TD4. 4) The instrument packs for petrol and diesel are also different. I don't think that a petrol variant can be coded for a diesel engine.

The coding codes stored in the Instrument Pack, DDE controller and the immobiliser should all be changed to reflect the changes in the vehicle configuration.

More questions than answers I am afraid.

Reply to
ADB