TD5 4 FUN

still for sale if any takers mail me mw101@yahoo,com

Reply to
t.jonson

Nice number but AIUI can only go on 54 or younger vehicle. So no good offering you a tenner as I have Y reg TD5...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Reply to
t.jonson

Not quite sure I follow that sentance. B-)

Retention fee is only =A325/year AFAICT but the DVLA site is a little wo= rdy and doesn't have nice tables showing costs, at least not that I have found. Also can't figure out from the DVLA site if you can transfer a retention document to another person. I bet you can only assign it to a =

vehicle.

Can't but could go on the other halfs 02 Fiesta. Best would be a transfe= r of retention, if allowed.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I believe you can transfer to another person, but then you lose all rights to the number.

|| how will you put it on your car though? | | Can't but could go on the other halfs 02 Fiesta. Best would be a | transfer of retention, if allowed.

Fiesta - TD5 4 FUN - ho ho ho.

Almost as good as a Micra with V8 MUD.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Er, well yes but as I'd hopefully be the recipient I'd be the one with the rights. B-)

Well if it's somewhere to "park" the registration...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

|| On Sat, 20 May 2006 13:33:14 +0100, Richard Brookman wrote: || ||| I believe you can transfer to another person, but then you lose all ||| rights to the number. || || Er, well yes but as I'd hopefully be the recipient I'd be the one || with the rights. B-)

Sure. I was just saying that you can, AFAIK.

No criticism, the thought just amused me. The local Jaguar dealer has a Jag (dunno what, not interested, but sporty, long and low) with the reg B16 CAT. Pity we can't be like the Americans and invent and register our own indexes. SM4LL P3N1S on a BMW X5 could be a laugh.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Used to be a bloke running around in a softop BMW with the reg. UPR1X on it.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

I have N16 MFS on the P38, as in NIG MFS (merdidian fire systems!!) Only cost £235!!!!

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Not quite sure I follow that sentance. B-)

Retention fee is only £25/year AFAICT but the DVLA site is a little wordy and doesn't have nice tables showing costs, at least not that I have found. Also can't figure out from the DVLA site if you can transfer a retention document to another person. I bet you can only assign it to a vehicle.

Can't but could go on the other halfs 02 Fiesta. Best would be a transfer of retention, if allowed.

Can't go an an 02 Fiesta, has to be a 54 plate or newer!

Reply to
Andy

It does me as well, considering the Fiesta would be parked next to a DII TD5 most of the time. B-)

You could have D1 KED, best on red series 3 BMW. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On or around Sat, 20 May 2006 11:24:14 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" enlightened us thusly:

not an 02 it can't, you can't make the vehicle look younger than it is. It'd need to be a winter 2004/5 car to have a 54 plate.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

|| On Sat, 20 May 2006 16:34:56 +0100, Richard Brookman wrote: || ||| No criticism, the thought just amused me. || || It does me as well, considering the Fiesta would be parked next to a || DII TD5 most of the time. B-) || ||| Pity we can't be like the Americans and invent and register our own ||| indexes. SM4LL P3N1S on a BMW X5 could be a laugh. || || You could have D1 KED, best on red series 3 BMW. B-) || || -- || Cheers || snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com Dave. || pam is missing e-mail

These silly plates make me laugh. I saw one today, young girl in a hatchback, reg was S? TEF. So I'm guessing you're called Steph, right? Well what is that number plate doing, cos it doesn't spell Steph, it says S? TEF, which is not the same. You don't have a number in the middle of your name, so why do you think S? TEF is, like, "yours"? It isn't.

There's a body-kitted Escort, bright red, spoiler, all the ICE advertised on the outside, parked up on a flatbed in a repairers I pass every day. The number plate says GAV, which I guess is the guy's name, but someone has cheekily altered it with a permanent marker to GAY. Oh dear.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

It's a harmless bit of fun u8ntil you get twatted by one with the silly obscured letters/numbers to make a name etc. They f*ck off & you aint a clue of the real reg number!

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

Damn, quite right. I know that as well, as that's why it can't go on the Y reg DII TD5... New fangled numbers never catch on. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Saw PEN1S on a Smart Coupe the other day. Ben

Reply to
Ben & Claire

Are you sure? I thought that was one of the combinations the licensing authorities ruled should not be issued, along with S3 MEN, VAG 1N, Fxxx UCK and all Leeds numbers ending xxx BUM, CUM etc.

As a boy growing up in Leeds I never saw BUM, CUM or anything remotely rude (and I was looking!), although Dad had PUM and DUM.

There's a doctorate thesis in this, I reckon.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Sat, 20 May 2006 20:15:30 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

PEN 15 exists though. although last seen on a sod-off merc.

RAC thing says it's on a mercedes ML270...

mind, DVLA can't find it... RAC can't find AS55 HOL.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 20 May 2006 18:49:53 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

The local tool hire bloke had one with his initials on a disco:

J20 ART

which many people figured was asking for an F.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

But er....surely to be legal that would read TD54 FUN? Where's the fun in that?

Reply to
Neil Brownlee