TD5 pistons...

...ain't they weird?

there's one up at the local garage with the head off (blown head gasket, apparently) and I've never seen pistons like 'em. dead neat funny shaped combustion chamber machined into the crown.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yup, very clever combustion chamber in the top with a central bump. It'll have been computer designed for optimum everything!

I've got a piccy here, from when I took the head off the old (dead) engine:

I presume you saw a pre 2002 piston. The 2002-on pistons have got off-centre piston bowls. The 1999 have 'only' got the bowls in the middle :o)

Martin

Reply to
Martin Lewis

On or around Fri, 14 May 2004 14:10:53 +0100, "Martin Lewis" enlightened us thusly:

Them's the kiddies. was an S-plate D110.

Reply to
Austin Shackles