That time of year again :( : Insurance

Yep.

Anyone got any tips, or any good companies?

Here are some details.

1987 RR 3.5V8 EFI - No Mods She is worth a grand I am 21, 3 years no claim bonus no convictions or claims Wont do more than 2000 miles a year

I cant get anything less that £800!!

Any help much appreciated.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Try

Snowball Insurance "for the best insurance deals on 4 wheels" Tel: 0870 366 7290 (thats who I'm with at the minute)

Reply to
Pacman

08700 775566

they were ok for my quotes GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Sureterm..,. and if you do go with them then tell them I sent you as each person you introduce is £20 of next years premium.... besides that for me they worked out cheapest.

Percy with all mods declared £134 this year .... Morph £104.

They also do agreeded value inc in that but be warned have real photos of each side, front, rear, engine bay and interior ready to send off signed and dated to the rear. Saves all them frauds I suppose.

Adrian Flux were also competitive but not quite enough this time.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Dunno about Rangy but

have just done a 90 for a new driver for 300ukp for me (I didn't look too hard after that though) has to be >10yrs Alistair

Reply to
Alistair

Try

I consistently find them to be by far the cheapest to insure any of our vehicles.

David

Reply to
David French

But don't go with sureterm if you object to getting hundreds of nagging letters and phone calls!. (The insurance seems resonably priced, but not worth the hassle imho!)

When i started the insurance off i got a letter every day or 2, including recorded delivery ones saying 'send us your forms back'. They dont seem to consider the fact that the forms required photos that were not digital ones, and that i was still well within the time they say you have to send them back. My first 'please return your forms' letter arrived a day or two before my policy documents!

The week before my insurance ran out they kept ringing up. The first time i spoke to them and said 'no im not interested yet, but will ring you when i'm ready. Please dont ring me'. Then they kept leaving messages with family members (about 5 times when I wasnt there!). They rang again when i was around one evening and I had some stern words with em, and told them to never contact me again. I'm still getting postal spam though.

I'm never going to use them again. Ive dealt with plenty of other LR insurance companies who havent sent me lots of annoying letters and rang me up lots.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Reply to
kevin.elson

I found Adrian Flux give the best deal when I was looking around for a S1 with a V6 and other minor (for a Landy) mods.

Reply to
Graeme Lornie

NU Direct: £460 : 1988 3.5V8i Vogue SE Auto RR. Market value (probably nowt!) Mods include Warwick Banks handling kit, Rimmer SS 'sports' exhaust, cruise control. Two 40 year old drivers. 10K miles. Fully comp. SDP and commuting with protected NCD. £120 excess. I don't think £800 is too bad. Most companies don't come close to the NU D figure or, if they do, have stupendous excesses.

Rgd Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

H'mm as I said have your photos at the ready, but I've used them for 2 years with Morph and this year with Percy as no one else could match there agreed value limited milage quotes.

I did get a phone call come to think of it asking if I wanted to renew the insurance on my 109.... interesting that I'd renewed the 101's two weeks earlier.... but hey whats in 8 inches!!! easily forgotten I suppose.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D