They're at it again

Take a look a this Reuters story.....

Another British Army JEEP ? I think not !!!!

Reply to
Bob Hobden

You have to remember that "jeep" is code for "off-road vehicle" in america.

Besides, it's decended from the jeep.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

BUT ITS NOT A JEEP!!!

Reply to
Mark S

I think 'Jeep' has become a generic term over the years. Remember when the Suzuki SJ and Rhino came out, the press called them Jeeps. I remember that well because they were always in the papers for rolling over on bends. Still, I hope the soldiers in Basra weren't too badly injured eh?

Reply to
Ian Symonds

I bet Jeep get even more annoyed - it's their trade mark after all.

Reply to
David French

hear here

Much respect to the lads out there.

Reply to
Mark S

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:26:56 -0000, "Mark S" made me spill my meths by writing:

Spent the weekend at the NEC Classic Car Show and there was a pretty good WWII diorama with a Half Track and Jeep among damaged outbuildings.

While mooching around the stalls wearing an EMLRA T-Shirt I was congratulated by one stallholder. She especially liked the "army Land Rover in front of the blown up shed"

It made I larf, couldn't wait to tell the "GI" sat in the Jeep :)

All the best

Reply to
Wayne Davies