top gear +V8

On or around Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:36:00 GMT, Graham Jones enlightened us thusly:

I imagine that future V8s will have a blue oval badge, not green, on the engine at least.

mind, the caddy northstar would be a handy unit for a Rangie, 'bout 300 ponies ISTR.

oooer:

"After two years of development, Cadillac is taking a twin-turbocharged racing version of the Northstar V8 engine into international endurance and road racing in the Cadillac LMP, which is campaigned as a "works" team by Riley & Scott and as a factory-supported European partner by the internationally-known DAMS team from France. In its first iteration (during a three-year development plan), the twin-turbo LMP V8 produces in excess of

600 horsepower and revs to 7500 rpm. The ultimate goal? Victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the most prestigious endurance race in the world."

600 bhp and 7500 rpm. now *that* would go nicely in a 101...

has some praise for the engine too - if I lived somewhere with dunes, could quite fancy one of their motors, as well.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

And Bomb Disposal...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

That'll be the 'bulldog' on the scorpion stand at Billing

Reply to
murphwiz

Well. if you want power in a 4x4, I hope you caught the piece about Clarkson's new motor -- eats Ferraris for lunch, and the engine's also used in a Ford 4x4 pick-up.

Wossname did offer to lend Jeremy a couple of jerrycans he had in the back of his Land Rover.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Will do.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Hey Rich, I'll have you know that Sheriff John BURNELL is a personal hero of mine! The same program can be seen on poor peoples television on a Sunday night at about 11.15 Scary to think of people watching this with a dodgy idea of right and wrong. Love comparing and contrasting the style of policing between the UK and the States. Can't see the local constabulary pushing in the rear corner of the local 'felon' with the diesel Panda so they roll into a ball going round the by-pass, can you!

Saw one on a few months ago where a "wild and reckless drug fuelled junkie", tried in vain to get away from 20+ police cars for ages (well u would wouldn't you!) Eventually after much over dubbed squealing tyres and car noises (they use the same noise every time)he crashed. Not being content with that they obviously thought he was still going to try and get away, so they shot him!! Unbelievable.

As for V8 Sherpas. Yes ambulances. A guy used to come into work with one that was converted into a camper. It was the only van I have ever seen that could do doughnuts! I assume he only had plastic cutlery in it.........

Anyway, talking of V8s, see you at the trial on Sunday?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Reynolds

Cheers, either reply to the address in the header or sylva at iname dot com with a cost for the tape and postage and address. I will send a cheque.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

Mail your postal address to snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com and I'll post it on.

Cost - a fiver to the Lifeboats when you're next passing a collecting tin. OK?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Done, you have mail.

Fine, agreed and thanks

AJH

Reply to
sylva

In message , Graham Jones writes

Same as a Land Rover then.

Reply to
hugh

Not arrived yet (6pm Thursday) - can you try again?

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Due to unforseen problems with the tape I wonder if anyone else videoed this show and is willing to let me have a copy?

AJH

Reply to
sylva