top tip for RRC spotlights

Don't know if you've come across this one before.

The low slung fog/spot lights on the RR have been a bit scabby for a while now. But have been particular bad since the lens fell off one as the surround was so rusty. I've been putting off doing them as they seem to fetch silly money on eBay but low and behold, as I walked past the door of the local boy racers shop yesterday I saw a pair of "Ring" rectangular spotlights (also available as foglights). They looked almost identical to the RR ones and bought them on the spot - 15 quid, bargain!!

Got them home, an hour to whack em in and bingo, nice and smart front end again (apart from the "cloudy eye" in one headlight)! Thoroughly recommended, and at only 15 quid it doesnt matter if they get smashed to bits.

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

Exactly what I did on my previous RR - except that I fitted fog lights and sorted the switching so that they would operate independently of dip/main beam.

Re-making the fancy waterproof connectors was a bit thought provoking until I discovered Vehical Wiring Products.

That was 10 years ago. Both lenses fell out just before Christmas 2006 so I don't reckon that they owed me much!

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Cool! Are they the same as the fogs on a '96 Disco do you reckon Dave? Mine are shagged, a bitch to get at to change the bulbs and the ring ones would be ideal replacements. Mine are rectangular too. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

If u get me the size of them Tony I will measure the old ones and the new Ring ones in the daylight. and see if they fit for you. Wouldn't be surprised of they were the same. If you get stuck I will go into town and send you a set.

Dave

Reply to
Dave R