Tory ex-MP recommends Castrol

According to Matthew Parris:

"Women should smell of food and men should smell of gear oil. The perfume of freshly baked bread, for instance - who could resist a dab of that behind the ears? For us men, Castrol do an excellent range of gear oils, of which the EP90, standard for most cars, has a delightfully acrid undertone, with hints of horse and a suggestion of wild thyme crushed beneath a manly boot. Applied sparingly beneath the armpits, gear oil would be a lot more alluring than Sure."

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Bloody metrosexuals, Castrol R is the smell for real men.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Makes you wonder why women use floral perfumes to attract men logically it should be freshly soaped leather upholstery with just a hint of mohair and musk or for the sporty types Castrol R and hot steel and rubber ( I used to spend time in the pits ). Derek

Reply to
Derek

|| On 2006-08-10, Richard Brookman || wrote: || ||| For us men, Castrol do an excellent range of gear oils, of which ||| the EP90 || || Bloody metrosexuals, Castrol R is the smell for real men. || || -- || Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

Well, he's one of the "out" gay MPs, but OTOH he used to own a very tatty S2

109, so there's no telling where that is on the scale of metrosexuality. There was an article about him in one of the mags a few years ago, where he expressed complete devotion to the vehicle (carried all his materials for a house project in France IIRC), but was considering selling as it needed a full rebuild. Dunno whether he still has it.
Reply to
Richard Brookman

He was also a war correspondent for a while, not something to be taken lightly.

At the end of the day, I was just cracking a gag about Castrol R being a real man's oil, I don't think I want to go into the ins and outs of Matthew Paris's city/country credentials!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| On 2006-08-11, Richard Brookman || wrote: || ||| Well, he's one of the "out" gay MPs, but OTOH he used to own a very ||| tatty S2 109, so there's no telling where that is on the scale of ||| metrosexuality. || || He was also a war correspondent for a while, not something to be || taken lightly. || || At the end of the day, I was just cracking a gag about Castrol R || being || a real man's oil, I don't think I want to go into the ins and outs of || Matthew Paris's city/country credentials! || || -- || Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

Oh sure, and I don't take him lightly either. I have the greatest of respect for his courage in being one of the first "out" MPs, at a time when it must have been a tough thing to do, especially in the Conservative Party. Plus he's a sane commentator on politics, he seems a really nice guy, and he loves Land Rovers. It was his comment on men wearing EP90 under the armpits that had me chuckling. I sometimes do this, though in my case it's always accidental.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I'll be replacing the front differential on the pinzgauer over the coming month or so, I'm expecting to get a whole coating of the stuff in the process!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| On 2006-08-11, Richard Brookman || wrote: || ||| It was his comment on men wearing EP90 under the armpits that had me ||| chuckling. I sometimes do this, though in my case it's always ||| accidental. || || I'll be replacing the front differential on the pinzgauer over the || coming month or so, I'm expecting to get a whole coating of the stuff || in the process! || || -- || Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

Splash it on all ovah!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Tease...

Reply to
Mother

My old Dad was in the motor trade for about 50 years and he used to buy the odd retired Austin Sheerline off his pals in in the " hatches matches and dispatches" trade I remember we had at least 5 that aroma with Kensitas or Romeo and Juliet (when flush) smoke brings back fond memories

would be about the last properley engineered car Austin produced before BMC cocked the job up ( I might conceed on the Vanden Plas 4 Litre R )Derek

Reply to
Derek

Worth noting that Mr Parris is also Gay. I'm surprised he's aware of what women should smell of.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

|| On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 22:07:52 +0100, "Richard Brookman" || wrote: || ||| According to Matthew Parris: ||| |||

> [...]

Perhaps that counts as "theoretical" knowledge - stuff you know but never use. :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

One of my ex's favourite smells was EP90, and she too thought it should be made into a perfume. (And for all you lonely men out there, no, she isn't available).

Reply to
Alan J. Wylie

Why not continue supporting the institutionalised politically manipulated stereotypes that act to further the oppression of individual freedom and collective harmony, Alex?

;-)

Reply to
Mother

Heh, in the same sentence too!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hehe. As a member of the oppressed minority in question, I'm entitled to be stereotypical.....

Oh, for the record, I do find the scent of EP90 quite alluring. However, i'd not want my boyfriends to smell of it every day.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

|| Hehe. As a member of the oppressed minority in question, I'm entitled || to be stereotypical..... || || Oh, for the record, I do find the scent of EP90 quite alluring. || However, i'd not want my boyfriends to smell of it every day.

Weekend thing, is it?

Reply to
Richard Brookman